(Regular Full Time)
Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Executive Assistant
Science World British Columbia is a charitable organization that engages British Columbians in science and inspires future science and technology leadership throughout our province.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant with a strong background working directly with a Board of Directors and supporting a Senior Leadership Team. Under the supervision of the Executive Assistant, the primary responsibilities of this position are to provide a range of support services relating to Science World’s Board, its Committees and Task Forces. The position will perform a variety of responsibilities including scheduling, calendar management, meeting and logistics coordination, and ensuring that all of Science World’s Board records, policy/by-laws are in good standing form. Our ideal candidate is flexible, confident, self-motivated and able to work independently using initiative and judgment. With superb organizational and time management skills, you will thrive in a dynamic team-based environment and manage multiple priorities with ease.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to Science World’s Board, its Committees and Task Forces
- Sets up Board and Committee meetings and coordinates all meeting schedules – prepares agendas, reserving and preparing facilities, etc.
- Prepares and collates agendas and meeting packages as well as composes minutes and reports for Board and Committee meetings
- Acts as recording secretary in all Board meetings as well as other Committee and Task Force meetings as assigned, making sure that all actions are duly noted
- Updates and maintains all information and official documents for the Board and its Committees and Task Forces
- Assists with the planning of events, such as the AGM and Board Retreat
- Supports Senior Leadership Team with duties such as assisting with expense reports, scheduling meetings, calendar management and organizing special projects
- Performs general office administration duties including making sure common office space is neat, tidy and meeting ready
- Provides back up support for the Executive Assistant as required
- Performs other duties as required
- Post-secondary education in administration plus a minimum of 2 years administrative and/or secretarial experience; or an equivalent combination of education, knowledge, and experience
- Experience in a similar non-profit environment and knowledge of Board of Directors is preferred
- Requires a high level of professionalism as well as an appreciation for the confidentiality and sensitivity of information received and handled
- Superb coordination, organizational skills, and the ability to problem solve
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate confidence while working with senior leaders and executives
- A terrific work ethic accompanied by a positive, ‘How can I help?’ and get-it-done attitude
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and multi-task to meet concurrent deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, organize time and priorities, while working well in a collaborative team environment
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous experience with SharePoint is desirable
- Must be flexible to work occasional early mornings, evenings and weekends to facilitate meetings, and events outside of normal business hours
- All offers are subject to satisfactory completion of reference and police criminal record checks -
Please apply by July 23, 2017
* We would like to thank all candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interviews will commence on an on-going basis throughout the posting period.*